Gain New Customers
“How can we get found in Google?”
What is a search engine and how does it work?
- Google, Bing, and others serve as a big catalog of existing websites. When we enter a search term, we are checking their catalog.
- Getting more visibility is a discipline called Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
- It involves website construction, keyword research, content optimization, and backlinking
- Recent updates to Google’s search algorithms are making backlinking much less important than it used to be.
- Bottom line: quality content is king.
How do we get higher up in search results?
- This is the billion dollar question. Several years ago a website owner could ‘cheat’ or ‘trick’ the search engines in any number of ways. But no longer.
- Work to appeal to a human and not a search engine and you’re on the right track. This means you need to value content creation that is high-quality and consistently created.
Common mistakes people make with SEO
- they expect fast results
- they fail to find a keyword (market) niche to aim for
- they try to cheat (‘blackhat’ techniques)
Ambitechstrous can help!
Use Search Engine Optimization (SEO) if you want to be found in ‘organic’ search engine results (the main column of the Google search results page). It is the process of finding what market niches are accessible to you based on keyword research. Then that information is used to influence how your content is written. This takes more time and will not get you immediate results. But there is no recurring cost involved.
Use Search Engine Marketing (SEM) if you want immediate results; it makes your site appear in the paid advertising column on the Google search results page. A keyword strategy is still important here, but it’s used a bit differently. With that strategy, you can target certain keyword phrases, choose what you are willing to pay per site visitor, and then bid on that visitor. You can even set a daily limit so you don’t break the bank. (SEM can be especially productive if you know what each new customer is worth. Then you can compare the cost of this type of advertising and see if it’s worth it for you.)